A teacher resource guide to teaching English to adult English language learners. Written by literacy advocate Ruth Colvin.
This research-based teacher resource guide:
- focuses language learning on real-life experiences
- regards teaching and learning as collaborative activities
- integrates the four language components: reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- respects students as individuals with cultural differences
- a chapter on technology that explores the use of smartphones, tablets, and the internet
- a learner profile sheet to help instructors focus on the needs of individual students